Washer not draining but motor still hums


I get an F2 message during the drain and spin cycle. My washer will spin and I can hear the drain motor noise but it will not drain. I've taken everything apart except the hose from the drum and there's no clogs. I manually drain the water and start it again, but it just refills and gives me the F2 code again.

THIS IS A TYPICLE PROBLEM . BETWEEN THE MOTOR & THE TRANSMISSION THERE IS A COLLECTOR ASSEMBY (THREE PIECE
SET) REAL EASY TO GET TOO EASY TO FIX . ALSO COST EFFICENT

It sounds like it has something to do with the pump which can be located in the direction of the noise. It could be something as simple as the belt wearing out or even just the pump came loose off of its mounts. Worst case scenario would be a new pump but it honestly sounds like something a little less intrusive. I know I had one that I had to hold down with a bungee cord because the mount had broken off of it.

Check the lid switch. Through out time the lid switch housing can come apart from years of heat and cold. When I checked mine, I found the glue deterriated and the housing came apart. What I did to fix it is I zipped tied the housing together and did a functional check and it worked.

Had this problem on our Kenmore machine.

This is what done.

1. Unplug the washer

2. Take of the toe panel in the front by removing the three screws.

3. Get a bunch of towels (I mean a bunch!!!)

4. The pump is in the center, and it has a plastic grip handle that one can unscrew to remove the filter. As you unscrew it, LOTS of water will come out. Be ready with the towels. A cookie sheet helps to collect the water too.

5. Clean the filter assembly.

6. If one wishes to check the inlet of the pump, remove the back panel, about 12 screws. (Note, the following works for replace the pump as well)

7. Remove the large bellow from the bottom of the tub that goets to inlet of the pump by removing the clamp

9. Lift up on the plastic cover that covers the wires that power the pump. There may be a small plastic catch that is lifted up as to allow the connector to become free.

8. Remove the Torx screw that holds that is the center just under the filter screen.

9. Pull the pump forward.

10. Unclamp the pump outlet hose.

11. Remove pump

12. Unclamp the large bellow on the pumps inlet and inspect for debris.

13. Clean pump and fitler w/o getting water on the pump.

14. Install in reverse order. Remember, it is much easire to put the inlet bellow and outlet hose on the pump before you put into the washer

I would get to the water outlet pipe and blow hard down it to try and clear any blockage if not take the pump housing apart to clear the blockage eric

What a blessing to find others with the same exact problem. Had a call in to Kenmore service center and was having to wait 8 days till a repair man could show up. Service call would have been at least $110 for the man to show up at the door. After discovering this website my wife and I are proud to announce that we found two (our 2 year olds) socks and one of my wife's nursing pads clogging up the filter along with some thread and a little gunk. Cleaned it out and in 10 minutes from start to finish we were done. Ran the machine twice and find it is running just like new. Like other postings here we found that a 45 minute wash took 90 minutes because the machine never could spin out on the first try. We thought it had problems balancing out the load of wash. Now it spins out quickly and without wasting time. I think of how much extra money it cost us to run the machine like this. Also, while we were sitting in our laundry room admiring the return of our washer I took a look at our complimentary Kenmore Elite HE3t dryer. Everyone who reads this far please do the following:
1. Unscrew the bottom panel of the dryer (unplug machine first)
2. Unscrew the black metal chute that goes from the lint catcher down to the blower (two sheet metal screws) pullout and clean.
3. Unscrew entire lint catcher from inside. (5 screws total) and clean.
4. Reinstall
5. One more step to really get all the lint includes pulling the entire machine out and removing the outside vent from the base of the machine. There is a 2 foot pipe to be cleaned out that extends from the other side of the blower.

I could not believe how much lint had bypassed the lint screen and had created a wall in front of the blower. I had previously checked the vent pipe leading to the outside wall and found no buildup whatsoever so I figured everything was okay. Was I ever wrong. I had found that the dryer (which is only 4 and 1/2 years old) was now taking 59 minutes to dry at normal temp instead of
the 41 minutes to dry when we first bought the machine. After I performed this service the dryer was back to drying the clothes in 41 minutes time or even less!!! In the future I will do this service, as described above, on a yearly basis. Once again we were wasting energy because we did not do this simple maintenance.


More: